Enhanced Principal Designer
New duties are being imposed on CDM duty holders through the introduction of the Building Safety Bill. Our CDM team has a keen understanding of these requirements and has the essential knowledge and experience to ensure that any Clients to whom this legislation applies are able to continue with their projects with minimal disruption.
The new legislation requires the completion of 3 Gateways in the construction process:
Gateway 1: Planning Application
Gateway 2: Prior to Construction
Gateway 3: Prior to Occupation
The following additional general duties will be assigned to the appointed Principal Designer under the Building Safety Bill:
- Co-operate and share information with the Building Safety Regulator
- Ensure compliance with the Building Regulations in relation to Approved Document B.
- Comply with the specific regulatory requirements
Frankham Consultancy is ideally placed to assist your practice in complying with both the duties of the Principal Designer under the CDM Regulations 2015 and the Principal Designer role under the Building Safety Bill.
The new Building Safety Regulator’s powers to stop work, delay occupation and issue unlimited fines may cause unacceptable delays and add extra financial burden to your project. Contact the Frankham Consultancy Group to discuss how we can assist you ensuring you are both competent to undertake the role and be compliant with your duties on all buildings. As a multi-disciplinary consultant, we can provide you with an all-in-one solution to meet your competency needs.
Additional tasks of the duty holders under the Building Safety Bill:
- Creation and submission of the Fire Safety Plan to the Regulator.
- Mandated responsibility to report safety failures
- Demonstration of competency to the Client
- Ensure the design complies with the building regulations
- Establish and regularly monitor the Change Control Plan
- Recording of design changes in the Change Control Plan
- Submission of all documents to the Regulator via the Client
- Preparation of the Building Safety Information Pack, including issue of all Regulation 38 documentation to the Regulator via the Client
- Issuing of a conformity statement to the Regulator