What is the risk?
Terrorist activity, fires, floods, disruption of the transport system, failure of IT due to fire or virus attack, threat of a pandemic, interruption of electricity supply, failure of a key supplier, loss of key staff; the list of catastrophes that strike businesses is endless. However all of these issues share one thing in common – they can and do occur on a regular basis.
What are the issues?
Risks are not limited to those that could strike your business directly. What would be the impact on your organisation of a 500 metre police cordon due to an incident, an accident that closes a railway station and prevents your key staff getting to work, or contamination of supplies due to a manufacturing fault at your key supplier?
These frightening statistics speak for themselves:
- 20% of companies within the UK will suffer some kind of serious disruption to their operations over a five-year period
- 80% of those companies that suffer such a disruption incur severe losses or fail to survive during the subsequent eighteen months
- 92% of businesses have no business continuity plans and of the 8% that do, 50% have plans which are inadequate.
How Frankham Risk Management can help:
Business Continuity Management (BCM) is an holistic management process, which identifies potential impacts that threaten an organisation. We can produce an effective business continuity plan that greatly increases the chance that your organisation will survive.
Our plans cover what you need to do to get your business back on its feet in an organised and timely manner and will include;
- All the business-critical processes and their priority
- The critical staff required for these processes
- Where these staff will be relocated
- What the staff and processes require once they are relocated
- Who communicates what, with whom and how
- What happens when the emergency is over and how to capture the lessons learnt.
- An emergency management structure, showing clearly who is in control and everyone’s responsibilities.