What is the risk?
The dangers of asbestos have long been known, but asbestos is still present in tens of thousands of buildings in the UK; In fact, any building constructed before the year 2000 could contain asbestos. Asbestos is still the single greatest cause of work related death in the UK. Each year there are around 4,000 deaths from asbestos related diseases and it will only be by around 2015 that this annual death toll is expected to drop.
Frankham RMS has extensive experience in delivering strategic management solutions for organisations that need to manage asbestos within their premises. Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR) places an explicit duty on organisations that are responsible for workplace premises, to manage the risks from asbestos. The Asbestos Management Team at Frankham RMS can assist your company and reduce any possible exposure by managing the risk.
Our approach is essentially a risk-based one and we aim to guide our clients through the legislation translating its requirements into language that can be easily understood and put into action ‘reducing exposure by managing risk’. Our approach to asbestos risk management principally focuses on the processes of review, information gathering, development of procedures and communication.
Our core services:
- Technical Support to the appointed person
- Management Surveys (formerly type 2) including priority assessments
- Refurbishment/Demolition surveys (formerly type 3)
- Production of comprehensive survey reports including asbestos register, risk assessments, recommendations for action, photos and detailed drawings
- Specialist asbestos software systems
- Production or review of management plans and procedures
- Contractor procurement
- Asbestos awareness training
- Troubleshooting and advice.
Frankham Risk Management Services are proud to be accredited by UKAS to ISO17020 for surveying for asbestos in premises.