Frankham RMS was appointed by St Georges NHS Trust to conduct a contract compliance audit on their internal Direct Labour Organisation (DLO) and appointed maintenance contractor.
Our client had recently introduced a Measured Term Contract (MTC) in place of a high number of individual suppliers so as a measure of good practice, our client wanted to demonstrate a proactive and independent approach was being taken to ensure the contract was being delivered as expected.
Our typical approach to an audit of this nature comprises:
- Undertaking of interviews with key stakeholders by specialists in Quantity Surveying, Compliance, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering and Building Surveying
- Review of contract information including: Organisation structure charts, Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules, Monthly reports from Contractor and DLO and Job descriptions for relevant persons (e.g. managers, engineers, work issuers etc.)
- Identification of representative and measurable jobs for review at site
- Preparation of client to ensure relevant supporting documentation is available for the site inspections
- Conducting site inspections to measure the works
- Collation of all information gathered, detailed review and production of report highlighting the key findings and areas for improvement
The audit work helped to cement the complex balance of the working relationships between the client, the DLO and the Contractor needed to operate the contract successfully.
In addition, further work was undertaken by Frankham to help the client implement some of the findings of the audit so that the contract could by operated to provide best value.