Frankham RMS was appointed by First Capital Connect to conduct a contract compliance audit on their appointed maintenance contractor.
First Capital Connect had recently introduced a facilities management contract and wanted to demonstrate a proactive and independent approach was being taken to ensure the contract was being delivered as expected.
The scope of our services for this project encompassed:
- Mobilisation – check that the contractor has met their obligations to the mobilisation plan
- Maintenance contract service review – focussing on:
- Helpdesk – e.g. correct allocating of works to FCC and Network Rail (NR)
- Statutory Compliance – review of a sample of compliance obligations
- Health and safety compliance – review of sub-contractor vetting, review of Contractor H&S performance
- Contractor internal auditing procedures, findings and corrective actions
- Technical library – level of completion against contract requirements
- Maintenance of site records – statutory compliance and health & safety
- Monthly report – content and suitability
- Review of site work completed by Contractor at circa 10% of the managed sites (est. 5 sites)
- Review of FCC’s contract management role
- Review to test that the appropriate grade/qualification of Contractor/sub-contractor staff for a sample of jobs has been utilised
The audit work helped to highlight a number of short-comings in contract delivery such that fee abatements were applicable.
In addition, some changes in the Contractor delivery team were also prompted which has helped towards improvements in the delivery of the contract.